Matthew P. D'Emilio
Trusts, Estates and Tax
Mr. D'Emilio practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate and trust litigation and tax law. In addition he routinely provides advice to both individual and corporate trustees in all matters related to Delaware trusts including the filing of petitions in the Delaware Court of Chancery. Mr. D'Emilio also provides general business and tax planning advice to companies and non-profit entities.
Following law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Henry duPont Ridgely, Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Delaware, 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2007
- United States Tax Court, 2008
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation), 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, Certificate in Estate Planning, 2011
- Villanova University, B.S., 2003
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2006.
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Articles Editor
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Order of the Barristers
- Delaware State Bar Association, Taxation Section (Chair, 2011-2012), New Lawyers Section (Secretary, 2011-2012), Estates and Trusts Section
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware
- Wilmington Tax Group